Positive Together Funding
The Positive Together programme provides diversionary sports activities for communities placed in the Top 75 IMD Wards of Lancashire. It aims to provide a range of sporting and physical activity opportunities locally for inactive people living in deprived communities, with a particular focus on young people 10-25 who are involved in anti-social behaviour or identified as being ‘at risk’.
The project operates as two mutually supportive strands:
- To reduce anti-social behaviour and offending behaviour in the most deprived wards of Lancashire amongst 10-25 year olds (key sponsors: Lancashire Police Crime Commissioner and Housing Associations).
- To engage with new Inactive groups in IMD wards where there is little opportunity to take part in Sport and Physical Activity, 10-25 and limited number of 25+(key sponsors: Sport England and Housing Associations).
- To consult with people locally to ensure that the activities provided meet their needs.
- To develop local role models and volunteers in the community who, with support will be able to sustain participation in sport by leading others to play sport promoting volunteering in a range of ways and all linked to local sports provision and events in the local community.
- Where possible to provide leadership training/ other suitable training and sign-posting to Colleges/ training providers for longer term development and continued delivery and progression.
We are looking to work with organisations who :
- Engage people in sport and physical activity – young people aged 10- 25 and a smaller number of those aged 25+
- Can demonstrate experience in providing relevant innovative and attractive programmes of sport and physical activities for a range of people and could do this successfully over at least a 26 week period.
- Can build relationships with young people (and some older groups) and encourage as many as possible to stay engaged with sports in their local area in whatever way interests them and promote sustainability after 26 weeks.
- Build relationships between Housing Associations or Neighbourhood Management Organisations along with community providers – to engage with people locally and who are prepared to deliver on Housing Estates using local facilities where possible.
Positive Together Sessions
The below Positive Together sessions are open to the public so anyone can go along on the day and get involved in the sessions.
|Monday||17:00||Jennings Gym Unit 11 Coppull Mill, PR7 5AZ||Boxing|
|18:00||The Zone, Skelmersdale WN8||Dance|
|Tuesday||16:00||Regent Park Studios, LA3 1AF||Trampolining/Archery/Free Running|
|18:00||Lytham YMCA, FY8 4HB||Football|
|Wednesday||16:00||Moor Nook, Preston PR2 6HT||Creation Station|
|17:00||Farringdon Youth Centre, PR1 5TR||Youth Club|
|17:15||Lancaster and Morecambe College LA1 2TY||Football|
|18:00||Moor Park High School, PR1 6LR||Multi Sports|
|19:00||Penwortham Leisure Centre PR1 0JE||Multi Sports|
|Thursday||16:00||Heysham and Mossgate Community Centre LA3||Football|
|17:30||Bangor Street Community Centre, BB1 6NZ||Bangracize *women only|
|19:15||Whitewell Bottom Community Centre, BB4 9LB||Multi Sports|
|Friday||18:00||Lower Lane Community Centre, PR4 1JL||Football|
|18:00||Grange Primary School, PR2 6PS||Football (starts 20th November)|
|Saturday||13:30||St Stephens School, BB1 5PE||Multi Sports|
|13:30||Marsden Heights, BB9 0PR||Badminton|
|18:00||St Annes YMCA, FY8 1XD||Football|
Funding available to deliver elements of the project via a short proposal form following a pre discussion. For more information on the project please get in touch with Darren Wright on email@example.com or call 01772 299833.