- Website: www.britishtriathlon.org
- Twitter: @BritTri
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BritishTriathlon
- Contact: Oliver Heald, 07860 695 235, firstname.lastname@example.org
British Triathlon is now a Federation, whose members are the Home Nation's Associations of Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon.
British Triathlon is responsible for matters such as the Great Britain Elite, Paratriathlon and Age-Group Teams, British and International events, Anti-Doping and International Representation. British Triathlon also manages a number of services that are shared with the three Home Nations.
Create your own Go Tri events
GO TRI is an initiative powered by Triathlon England to provide people with the opportunity to take part in multisport events regularly and at a minimal cost.
- The events will be low key, therefore a finish gantry, goody bags etc… are not required
- The events will be short, easy to access and regular
- Events are very basic and we’ll supply you with the GO TRI Event in a box, which includes swim hats, volunteer waistcoats, feather flags and signage
- The events can be Triathlon – pool or open water based, on or off road. Duathlon – on or off road and aquathlon – pool based or open water.
Hosting GO TRI Training
We are currently working with larger fitness providers, but we would like to hear from anyone who would like to host sessions at their centre.
Training, support and marketing is given to providers, and in most cases this is fully funded.
Providers would be expected to meet the following
- Have a centre or multiple sites that could offer a suitable facility for triathlon activities
- Identify staff that have an interest in triathlon or one of the component sports, and will be able to deliver sessions
- Ensure centre and wider company support at management level
- Deliver a minimum number of GO TRI sessions
If you are interested in delivering GO TRI, please contact us with details of your centre.
Triathlon England is one of three Home Nation bodies for Triathlon in the UK. If you reside in England or are eligible to represent England you should join Triathlon England. Members will be affiliated to a region and can vote for their Regional Committee. There are nine regions in England which correspond to the English Regional Government areas. Each region has a representative who sits on the Council of Triathlon England.